Sunday, November 30, 2014

personal


This blog page is very personal. If you read my commentary on Paul’s Letters on my Web Site, (http://darroll.tripod.com/), you will find no footnotes because It is very seldom that I quote other writers. The Late Dr. Manford George Gutzke and one instance of a quote from the Liberty Commentary are the exceptions. Dr Gutzke was an extraordinary writer and speaker, and I use his definition of “love.”

 I must sdmit that my commentaries are a result of inspiration and not perspiration.  At times you will find me at odds with the translators. On more than one occasion while I was actively writing the commentaries, I would be awakened in the middle of the night with the statement, “Go to your computer, and I will show you the proper translation.”

 When I began translating the Bible my knowledge of Greek would not fill a thimble. 

 I began in 1990 with Philippians, because it was only 4 chapters in Greek, so how difficult could that be?

 The translation was completed in 1999, just prior to the crash of my computer. And so, all that work was lost. But, the Internet had not become so powerful back in those days. In fact, my first three commentaries on Philippians, Colossians, and Galatians were so new that at the time they were the only commentaries on those letters at that time on the Internet, and if you wanted to read a commentary on any one of those three the only Internet source at that time was my writing. God has indeed blessed me!

I started blogging using the Ephesians text as the base, but I will be changing that to certain verses from both the Old and New Testaments.

 Thank you for reading this blog, and may God bless you.

 If you have any comments or questions please contact me at studycomments@yahoo.com and I will responds as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment